We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperPrint to Excel (XLS) format using JRXlsExporter

johnnypoll

We use JRXlsExporter to export from a JasperPrint to an Excel format XLS file. We are using the latest apache POI and Jasper Reports 3.0.0.

For a simple 1 page financial type report which looks fine in the report viewer, the exported XLS loses some of the values, appearing as blank instead. All the layout, and lines look fine, just a smattering of missing values.

Any tips gratefully received.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem was that I was drawing a line within the height of the text field containing the numeric data. By encroaching on the space of the text with my line element, I obviously upset the XLS output. By reducing the height of the text element and placing the line immediately below that height, the XLS output is fine.

• 2 months later...

i dont knw whether this is te right answer but try JExcelApiExporter to export it to xls file.First i used JRXlsExporter ,it has some data loss on large data.so i tried the  JExcelApiExporter .its works fine.u need  jasperreports-1.2.7.jar,jxl.jar,png-encoder-1.5.jar to run this. poi-2.0-final-20040126.jar(Additioonal one).i hope this will rectify ur problem