Blank Page Between JaperReport and Subreport

vinvar

Hello All,

I am actually working on a project for a company that uses JasperServer 2.1 in Linux environment. It is part of our customers requirement to generate 19 reports whould contain a wide content of data from Server utilizations to sales figures. There is a large amount of data that is reported. Few of the Reports( PDF format ) run into several thousands of pages.

We have observed that at times there appears to be a Blank page between the main report and the subreport.

The main report is loaded by selecting the JasperReport option and the Subreport by choosing the JRXML file.

Please advice us on how we can tackle this issue.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have dealt with this before, it can be tricky.

Where does the blank page occur? Right at the start, middle or end of the report? You say "at times". The problem is intermittent then?

Could it be one iteration of the report is yielding no data? One thing you can try is add something into the "No Data Band" of the subreport and configure it to show this band in a No Data condition. If the content from this shows up in the blank you will have valuable clue.

Hope this helps.

We have two sections in our Report(PDF file Output)

1.) The main report that has all the raw data. This is fetched using JasperReport

2.) A summary of the raw data which is part of the subreport(JRXML file is used)

The blank page occurs in between the rawdata and the summary. I can see the problem occuring all the time.