We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to schedule a report ?

hunt69

Hi,

I make a report and I try to schedule it and sent a message on a mail box but I never receive mail.

What is the mail of the sender (the source) when JasperServer send an email?

Does I need to indicates it a specific account ?

On a other part, can we send report on a specific user account? For example, I'm the administrator and there is 2 users (X and Y) who have an account. I want to send a report to X and I want that when X is loggin on JasperServer with his login and password, he and only him see the report I send.

Thanks for your answers,

Flyboy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hunt69 wrote:

What is the mail of the sender (the source) when JasperServer send an email?
Does I need to indicates it a specific account ?

Consult the JasperServer Installtion Guide (search for js.mail.properties).

On a other part, can we send report on a specific user account? For example, I'm the administrator and there is 2 users (X and Y) who have an account. I want to send a report to X and I want that when X is loggin on JasperServer with his login and password, he and only him see the report I send.

Sending emails directly to a JasperServer user account is not supported, you'll have to manually set the user's email address as the job notification recipient.

If you want only one user to have access to the report job result, create a repository folder to which only the desired user has access and use this folder as report job output destination.

Regards,

Lucian

euh, actually, I think I reply too fast !!

I did what you said, I edit and modify the two files from WEB-INF and it works, I can now create folder under users account, but when user X create a folder named "toto", well, toto is accessible by all users...

so I can't send put a report in a folder of a specific users

is that normal ? maybe I forgot something !

Thanks,

Regards,

Flyboy

hunt69 wrote:

is that normal ? maybe I forgot something !

When you create a folder, it inherits the permissions of the parent folder by default. If you want to override these permissions, use the "Assing Permissions" link in the repository manager (you'll probably need to allow ROLE_USER access to objectPermissionToUserFlow in applicationContext-security.xml for this). What you need to do is to grant Write permission to the specific user, and to override all inherited Read/Write permissions to No Access.

Regards,

Lucian