How to create a parameterized report using ireport

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little confused about "pass the parameters from Jasper server". Do you mean you would like to use Jasperserver to collect parameter values that will be passed into the report?

When it comes to params you need to define them in the report template using iReport. Once this is done, it is up to the parent application that is actually filling and exporting the report to collect the parameters values.

When you fill you report you need to pass in the compiled template, a Map of parameters and their values, and a data source to the Fill Manager.

Jasperserver gives you a mechanism called input controls that allows for easy creations of UI elements that users can interact with to populate values for parameters. Check out the Jasperserver user guide for examples on how to set up input controls.

For working within your own application download the JasperReports source and take of look at the folder demo/samples/webapp for an example of working with a report with parameters in a Java application.

I am not sure about using .NET. Perhaps someone else can comment on this.

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a similar issue.  I created parameter report using ireport and loaded in jasperserver..  the report runs and ask the parmeters in ireport .... but when i try it from jaspersever it dosn't run at all.  Is there some setups that i need to do..  thanks