Unable to connect using Hibernate

hangman01

I am trying to connect to an Oracle 10 database using Hibernate and iReport 2.0.5. When I set up the connection and test it using the Test button it says that the connection was successful but then when I try to write a HQL query I get the message that iReport is unable to connect to the database. I can write a Java class and insert, update, read, and delete records from the database so I am sure that the hibernate.cfg.xml file, the .hbm.xml and Java class are configured correctly.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on using hibernate with iReport? All I have found so far do not talk about how to set up iReport to actually use Hibernate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the exact same problem using Oracle 9i.

If I try to run a report with the Hibernate data source I get a error describing a SQL Error. It says it can not find a suitable driver.

It seems that the JDBC connection being used by the Hibernate connection is not using the classpath set in the options dialog.

I have copied the jar file containing the oracle JDBC driver (ojdbc14.jar in my case) into the iReportlib directory and it now works.

Hope this helps.