Some elements are not printed on Windows

Linuxhippy

Hello,

I am using JasperReports-1.3.4 and I am experiencing problems when printing some bold headings.

On my development machine running on Linux everything works fine, but on a machine where it is deployed to (JDK6, WinXP), some bold headings are missing. I did some screenshots:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ceisserer/JR2

The strange thing is that on my test-machine with Windows-XP, the two fields that are missings on the deployment machine are printed, but the text "KUKLA" which is printed on my deployment machine is missing on my windows-test machine.

Is this a known problem, any ideas what I could do to solve or workarround it?

I hestitate a bit to upgrade to 3.0, the project is in its finishing and I am quite afraid of incompatibilities.

Thanks a lot, lg Clemens

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

i might be wrong , but could this be a font problem. An are you sure that this is a jasperreport problem. Have you check the filled jasperprint object ? We use itext to convert the jasperresults into PDF and provide some fonts to have a correct print. Before we had some font problems in itext.

Regards

Nille

I am not sure whats the problem, I am using SansSerif everywhere - as far as I know this font should be more or less constistent on all Sun-JVMs, or am I wrong?

However the fonts are also missing in the JasperViewer I view before the print, I could try to export it to PDF and look if its missing too.

Thanks, Clemens

SansSerif is a logical font that maps to different physical fonts on different platforms. The SansSerif font on Windows might be larger/taller than the Linux one, and the text might not fit in the report element height. Try increasing the element height or setting isStretchWithOverflow to true.

If you want to export to PDF as well, make sure you read this FAQ.

Regards,

Lucian