Style using return variable bug/setting problem

SeanDay

Hi,

I have a subreport that returns a variable to the parent report. The sub report is in the detail section and I want to use the value returned to style the field/row. I have setup a style and an expression to do this but the style is being applied to the line after the one I want changed.

e.g. Style expression set to

new Boolean($V{TOTAL_V} > 0)

and the row below the one greater than zero is being styled..

I can get this to work using a normal field in the report but it appears the style is being applied before the variable is being evaluated. Is this a bug or a setting problem?

Thanks,

Sean

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried this in version 2.0.5 of iReports and it still does not work, it looks like the style is evaluated before the value is returned from the sub report..

Is this the way iReports/Jasper Reports are designed to work or am I missing a setting (I always have trouble working out what to put for the evaluation time setting. :unsure:

Sean

• 2 years later...

This happens even in the latest version -- is it true you cannot use Variables in style expressions, when that variable is populated by a sub-report called in the detail band?

#Edit: 

Solved by placing this at the report level:

<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.style.evaluation.time.enabled" value="true"/>

Post Edited by jmesterh at 10/06/2010 18:41