Interesting Date Shifting Issue

les_mills

I have a report that I developed in iReport.

I have then loaded the report into JasperServer(JS). The report includes a main part and then a sub-report.

I supply two dates from JS to the report. My understanding is that they are passed from the JS prompt as a java.util.Date(). Please correct me if I am wrong.

When I try to use the parameter in the report, on each iteration (or detail band) the date values are shifting ahead by either 11 hours or 10 hours, depending on whether the date is during daylight savings or not.

I read somewhere else on the forum that times may change based on the timezone the data-source is in. So I have removed the timezone from the data-source. The times are still moving.

Thanks for any replies.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a couple of bugs (fixed after the JS 2.1 release) related to report date parameters and data source timezones. If you could post a (simple) sample to replicate the issue you are observing, we would see whether the fixes cover your case and we would also suggest some workarounds for the problems.

The first thing you could try is to restart the server (once you've reset the data source timezone to blank) and see whether the dates are still altered.

Regards,

Lucian