We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Printer not visible in printer selection popup

martynhiemstra

Hi All,

I have a printer that is connected to a laptop. This laptop is shared with the whole network. I have a second PC that uses this shared printer. When I want to print something the shared printer isnt visible in the Java printer select popup. Every other printer is visible. When I try to print from Word or Open office or any other windows program then the shared printer is visible.

So in short the shared printer isnt visible in the Java select printer popup. Does anybody have a clue why?

Thanks in advance,

Martyn Hiemstra

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The printer is shared. In my message I menthion that the printer is visible in every other program. So the printer is visible in every other program and it prints perfectly from every other program except the Java printer select popup. If the printer is visible from every other program and not in the Java printer selection popup then there is a bug in the printer selection popup when detecting the available printers.

In short, the printer is shared, I can print from Office and Open Office but the printer is not visible in the Java printer selection popup.

Post edited by: martynhiemstra, at: 2008/01/28 06:59

• 2 years later...

Hi Martyn Hiemstra,

I have a similar problem. One computer is setted as a server and has shared printer. Client computers point to that shared printer. It works fine until I have changed the printer. After that all other applications(OpenOffice, Notepad...) on client machines can print(see) on that printer, except mine app that uses jasper as report engine. Have you any solution for this problem? Please share with us, if you do. Thanks!

Post Edited by dmihalj at 11/02/2010 14:34