We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

savingArabic report

adry

Hello,

i have an issue with saving report contains Arabic data

especially with ".rtf" and ".csv".

issue is Arabic words are inverted -> "abc"-->"cba"

SO is there a solution for this issue ? i posted this issue before and there is no reply.

I wonder if there is any way to set encoding "cp1256" to the exported files ? is this will help ?

also if there is now solution for this issues , can i exclude this extension from saving list?

another question, where can i find my topics that i register my self to be notified about ?

is there a place to post tutorials about jasperreport and ireport i made ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which JasperReports version are you using? Could you try the latest (2.0.2), and see whether the RTF export issue is fixed? Also, could you try the "unicode" sample shipped with JasperReports and see whether the Arabic text is exported properly to RTF?

Regarding CSV export: CSV files are text files, and the character data is written in physical format. It is the responsibility of the application that opens the CSV file to display RTL text properly.

I wonder if there is any way to set encoding "cp1256" to the exported files? is this will help?

You could try this with CSV.

another question, where can i find my topics that i register my self to be notified about?

Please post questions about how the forums work on the JasperForge.org forum.

is there a place to post tutorials about jasperreport and ireport i made?

You can use your JasperForge.org blog for this (see the links on the left side). Then you could also post messages on the forum to let people know about your articles.

Regards,

Lucian

We have revisited the RTF exporter and found out that there was a better way of handling RTL text. A change to the RTF exporter has been checked-in to SVN trunk.

You can try the updated RTF exporter by checking-out the JasperReports SVN trunk, or you can wait until the next release.

Regards,

Lucian

• 2 weeks later...