JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

EJB Data Source

tomsimmons

Afternoon

I'm sure this must have been covered before, but I cannot find anything that helps me.

I have a enterprise web app using EJB3 (Toplink) and that all works just great. Now I need some reports.

I recalled seeing an EJBQL option on the DataSource window in iReport, so thought, bonus, home and dry!

Well no.....

I have added the ejb jar file from my project to the class path in iReport, I have specified the name of the Persistence Unit, the persistence.xml is in the jar.

But when I click test, "No Persistence provider for EntityManager named EmployeeAttendace-ejbPU".

Anyone able to provide any guidance on this, please?

Tom

PS

OK, failed to upload the image twice, now I have no option to upload, so its now an attached file!

[file name=rotten_error.jpg size=23455]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/rotten_error.jpg[/file]

Post edited by: tomsimmons, at: 2007/10/16 15:27

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, With further investigation.....

I added the Toplink jar files to the class path, and have moved on a little.

The error I now get is "cannot acquire datasource [jdbc/attendance]"

Comparing my persistence.xml with someone elses on here, theirs has the full connection details, however mine points to the jndi in glassfish.

At this point I'm a little stumped, obvioulsy I need the persistence file to work the way it does now so I can't edit that, so how do I get the details I need?

Tom