We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer 2.0.1 using Oracle

jmurray

I'm stuck trying to get JasperServer to work on Linux using Oracle for the data source. Here's what I've done so far:

Installed JS2.01 on the server and unpacked the WAR file, then renamed the WAR file so it doesn't get unpacked again.

Made sure that ojdbc14.jar was in the lib directory.

Modified META-INF/context.xml so that the resources point at Oracle instead of MySQL. The resource definitions were changed to Tomcat 5.0 format (refer to http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=215&func=view&id=16735&catid=10).

Modified hibernate.properties to use Oracle9Dialect instead of MySQLInnoDBDialect

Made sure that context.xml is copied to jasperserver.xml.

Created database schema, created tables, and added some base user data/roles/etc.

Jasperserver starts without error (finally!!) and I can get the login page up, but now I can't login. Fails with Oracle "Table or view does not exist" error, as if it's pointing in the wrong place. Unfortunately the error logging is pathetically ameteurish and doesn't specify the name of the offending table or view.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Post edited by: jmurray, at: 2007/10/09 05:27

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The templates in the attached Oracle for JasperServer 2.0.1 patch should get you out of trouble if you are having trouble finding all the information in one place, or if you are getting errors containing "URL=NULL or URL=''", "table or view not found" errors, or other Oracle errors.

[file name=OraclePatchforJS201-c047792c207b836239bd2625b949dac0.zip size=10191]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/OraclePatchforJS201-c047792c207b836239bd2625b949dac0.zip[/file]

Post edited by: jmurray, at: 2007/10/09 05:26

The following INSERT statements need to be issued to allow the repository manager to function correctly:

Code:
Insert into JIOBJECTPERMISSION (ID, URI, RECIPIENTOBJECTCLASS, RECIPIENTOBJECTID, PERMISSIONMASK)
Values (1, 'repo:/', 'com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.impl.hibernate.RepoRole', 2, 1);
Insert into JIOBJECTPERMISSION (ID, URI, RECIPIENTOBJECTCLASS, RECIPIENTOBJECTID, PERMISSIONMASK)
Values (2, 'repo:/', 'com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.impl.hibernate.RepoRole', 1, 2);

Insert into JIRESOURCEFOLDER (ID, VERSION, URI, HIDDEN, NAME, LABEL, DESCRIPTION, PARENT_FOLDER, CREATION_DATE)
Values (1, 0, '/', 0, '/', 'root', 'Root of the folder hierarchy', NULL, SYSDATE);

COMMIT;

Post edited by: jmurray, at: 2007/10/09 23:46

• 8 months later...

jmurray wrote:

I'm stuck trying to get JasperServer to work on Linux using Oracle for the data source. Here's what I've done so far:

Installed JS2.01 on the server and unpacked the WAR file, then renamed the WAR file so it doesn't get unpacked again.
Modified META-INF/context.xml so that the resources point at Oracle instead of MySQL. The resource definitions were changed to Tomcat 5.0 format (refer to http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=215&func=view&id=16735&catid=10).
Modified hibernate.properties to use Oracle9Dialect instead of MySQLInnoDBDialect
Created database schema, created tables, and added some base user data/roles/etc.

Jasperserver starts without error (finally!!) and I can get the login page up, but now I can't login. Fails with Oracle "Table or view does not exist" error, as if it's pointing in the wrong place. Unfortunately the error logging is pathetically ameteurish and doesn't specify the name of the offending table or view.

.<br><br>Post edited by: jmurray, at: 2007/10/09 05:27

Hell0,

I have installed jasperserver 2.1 on tomcat 5.5 using WAR file.

I am using following component.

1. j2sdk1.4.2_05

2. Tomcat 5.5

3. MySQL 5.0

4. JasperServer 2.1

I have changed context.xml(C:jakarta-tomcat-5.5.0webappsjasperserverMETA-INF)

Also changed jasperserver.xml(same as context.xml)

Also made required changes in hibernate.properties(as per installation guide)

When I am starting tomact using startup.bat at that time getting following error.(jasperserver.log)

Following is the error description.

Code:

20:49:26,191 ERROR ContextLoader,main:205 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'olapConnectionService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-olap-connection.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Enum
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Enum
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.java:1301)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:60)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:45)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:701)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:687)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:388)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:250)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:247)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:161)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:273)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3618)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4095)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:586)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1063)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1011)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1003)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:420)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:1967)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:545)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)
20:49:26,201 ERROR [/jasperserver],main:662 - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'olapConnectionService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-olap-connection.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Enum
Caused by:
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:45)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:701)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:687)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:388)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:250)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:247)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:161)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:273)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3618)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
20:49:26,231 ERROR [/jasperserver],main:662 - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.SpringBeanServletContextPlublisher
Caused by:

Can you plz help me with this?

I will really appreciate yr response.

Plz reply me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

jmurray wrote:

Class is missing or cannot be found in your classpath. Check that your classpath is complete for all the libraries you wish to use.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I really appreciate it.

the problem which I described with error(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Enum) in my previous post is it because I am using JDK 1.4?

I am using Following components for installation.

1. j2sdk1.4.2_05

2. Tomcat 5.5

3. MySQL 5.0

4. JasperServer 2.1

Which version of jasperserver is compitable with j2sdk1.4.2_05?

As you already installed JS 2.1 with oracle than can you please tell me from where can I download WAR file of JasperServer for Websphere & Oracle installation?

I am going to use WebSphere 6.0.

Can you plz help me for this?

I will really appreciate your response.

Plz reply me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

jmurray wrote:

.<br><br>Post edited by: jmurray, at: 2007/10/09 05:27

Hello,

Which version of JasperServer is supported by j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4?

In other words Does JasperSever work under j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4?

As I have to use j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4, so anyone can tell me that which version of JasperServer should I download & can work on j2sdk1.4.2_05/JDK 1.4?

I need help ASAP. Its urgent.

I will appreciate response.

Thanks.

Sorry badrishpandya and HBK, I have no idea. My original solution revolved around the Oracle patch, not the java version.

Unfortunately I'm using j2sdk1.5 so I'm not even able to replicate your problems. Maybe someone else on the forum will have an answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jmurray,

Could you please tell how did you generate ora script for that version. I'm trying to do the same for new version 3. That is somehow form the hibernate source beans, right?

Could you please give some guidance...

Thanks a lot!

It is definitely not from hibernate beans. I don't even know what they are :)

If you read the comments at the top of the ddl you'll see that it is adapted from the MySQL ddl script that is packaged with JasperServer. The original ddl had a few minor issues that caused major headaches, so they were fixed along the way.

As you can see from the post following the one with the Oracle patch in it there are still some data dependencies that need to be taken care of for everything to work.

Good luck.