We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

PageBreak and Pagefooter

anthonyChan

Hi all, I have a little problem with ireport.

I have 2 page(A4 size) materials need to make a report.

I set the pagesize to custom and page hight to 60 cm(approximate to two A4 size page). I put all the materials in one long page (60cm height) and put a page break in the middle of my report in order to break the report into two page. If I dont check the checkbox of "Ignore pagination", both the two page report will have long blank page underneath with page footer. If I check the checkbox of "Ignore pagination", each page will adjust to the size of A4 size (the long blank page disappear) but the page footer of first page also disppear. So how can i get my first page footer back? And I dont want to have those long blank page too.

Thanks all

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to let JasperReports do all the formatting for you.

What you see in iReport is a design template. It is not a page of any specific length. The page setup parameters simply allow JasperReports to work out how much information can be rendered on the piece of paper that comes out of the printer.

So if you setup your page as A4 with 20mm margins all around JasperReports will take that information plus the height of all the header and footers and use the remaining height to fill rows of detail.

So the trick for you is to simply overflow the detail section. The best way to do that is to use subreports stacked one on top of the other in the detail section. The subreports don't even need to contain any headers or footers, just detail. You can put a page break on the main report in between the subreports, or you could use two fixed height subreports that don't shrink.

Oh thanks your opinion of ireport, although I cannot understand all your point.

The problem is solve, I manually added a text field that contain the information of footer before the page break I have set.

I really dont want to use the subereport to solve the problem, since it reuqires me to re-design the report.