Begginer: How to add multiple pages to a report

leshanids

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a beginner as well; however, I may be able to help.

Are you trying to generate multiple pages that contain different content, or is this a running report in which the second-end pages are printing rows of data from the initial query?

As I understand the system, if you want multiple pages each containing different content, you will want to create a report formatted for each unique page and then combine them by creating a master report that includes each unique subreport.

I have not yet had to perform a running report as my specific project is for unique pages combined into a multi-page report.

Once you've generated and validated the individual reports, you can create a new blank report. I set the height of all bands except Detail to 0. Then select Edit/select element/subreport or use the subreport icon to create your subreports referencing each of the individual reports as one sub.

I hope this helps.

Be sure that your master report contains a report query that covers that used by your two subreports. In my case, I can use the same query for all three, but I realize that your second page may generate from a different query than your first. In that case, you may need to have consolidate the two subreport queries in the master