Some images not showing up

derek_ricca

Hi there. So, I'm putting together a set of reports for my employer. We put together the jrxml files using iReport 2.0.0, and we're connected to JasperServer using the JS plugin.

Basically, I have 4 images. One in the columnheader, one in the detail section, and 2 in the columnfooter. The detail one (and one of the column footer ones) is a background for a static text field and a few variable text fields. The thing is, both of the ones that are behind the text fields don't show up at all in HTML. I can try to preview it in HTML using iReport, and it won't generate them. Same thing when I try running it on JasperServer directly, or through the CakePHP site we're using these on. However, export to PDF, RTF, or XLS and they show up fine.

Any idea what could be causing it? Thanks.

Post edited by: derek_ricca, at: 2007/07/30 15:30

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

codyjasperForge wrote:

Are your textfields set to 'Transparent' ?

Have you tried 'Send To Front/Back' options?

Are your URLs correct?

Just a few ideas...

I've tried it with the textfields transparent and not transparent.

Image resource URLS are correct. Where is the "send to front/back" option? I haven't tried that.

One other option would be to try viewing them using a different browser. With so many browser options these days there could be some kind of conflict with the browser you're using to view it with.

One possible workaround is to export to something like .pdf format, then view that .pdf using your browser.

I don't think that it is a bug. There is something that is occurring that we aren't aware of...

???

codyjasperForge wrote:

One other option would be to try viewing them using a different browser. With so many browser options these days there could be some kind of conflict with the browser you're using to view it with.

One possible workaround is to export to something like .pdf format, then view that .pdf using your browser.

I don't think that it is a bug. There is something that is occurring that we aren't aware of...

Browser issues aside, this is a Jasper issue. As for your workaround, we already intend to allow our users to download it in PDF format, but we need to display to them - in HTML - the same thing.