We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Insert Page/Column Breaks

Kurgane

I am using iReport 2.0 and I am having problems with Page Breaks. I used "Insert page/column break" and when I tried to compile my report, i got this error message:

Element type "break" must be declared. at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:243) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.loadJasperDesign(IReportCompiler.java:1935) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:579) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have looked everywhere to Declare Element type "break"!!!!!! :S

HOW do declare element type "break" in iReport 2.0?????

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurgane,

In version 2.0:

Right click the Break element and select Properties.

In the properties dialog box click on the All (tab).

Scroll down to the bottom. You will see the break property.

Select the break type from the dropdown list.

Currently there are only 2 selections Page & Column.

hth :)

Edwin

Post edited by: redwine, at: 2007/07/30 18:34

I have done that I still keep getting the same error.

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "break" must be declared. at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:243) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.loadJasperDesign(IReportCompiler.java:1935) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:579) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "break" must be declared.

:angry:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

as I managed to discover, the problem seems to be with the libs included with iReport. In my case the problem was wit duplicated jars in the libs folder. I needed some libs for my project in order to test the reports directly from iReport and in order to that i putted them in the classpath and copied them in the libs folder. After cleaning up a little bit in the libs folder the problem was gone....

Hope this helps...