Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

hidden text in RTF reports

wiciu

Hello!

Is there anyone has the same problem:

I generate large reports (100-1000 pages) to RTF format. My templates have many "staticText" and "textField" elements which have colored backgrounds (this is important). In reports (RTF files), on some pages, text is hided by colored background. In my reports there are ranges of damaged pages: 112-228, 346-448, etc. Bug depends of number of text-elements.

Is this a BUG or feature? ;)

Regards,

Michael W.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just generated a 500 pages rtf report, using the 1.3.4 version. It contains 24 "static text" and "text field" elements per page, all of them having a separate background color. In this report all texts are shown, written on their specific background, on each page...

I think it would be better if you'd send a sample jrxml that reproduces your problem.

Thank you,

sanda

Thank you for very fast reply.

My template is related with 39 subreports. Please, repeat your test for template witch has subreports. In my "subtemplates" are also situated textfields and various graphic elements like a lines.

Regards,

Michael W.

Until I'll construct an appropriate report with subreports, please check those 3 points below:

1. Be sure in each <reportElement /> you have in your templates, forecolor and backcolor represent different colors.

2. Be sure the mode="Opaque" is set for each <reportElement /> with backcolor in your templates.

3. Try to export the same report to another format (PDF for example), and see if the problem persists.

Regards,

sanda

I've checked your points:

1. forecolor and backcolor represent different colors in each <reportElement />,

2. the mode="Opaque" is set for each <reportElement /> with backcolor,

3. this problem doesn't persist for other formats (pdf, html) - only for rtf.

When I open my rtf report in MS Word and if I can find textfield where text is hided by background I can put background under text (by Word context-menu option) and text appears. Text color is different than background color. Only display-order isn't good.