Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Problems whith "subsubreports"

davidbuzatto

Hi!

I´m trying to use a subreport inside another subreport, but when my main reports returns more than one record, a exception is thrown.

Code for build the report (i'm using java server faces)

Code:

Image for a report with only one record in the main report

size=400]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/report.png

Exception:

Code:

Reports Structure

Code:

Report Files

[file name=reports-33002b45979c2560d171c47fe90d7dc6.zip size=5894]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/reports-33002b45979c2560d171c47fe90d7dc6.zip[/file]

Post edited by: davidbuzatto, at: 2007/04/18 19:53

Post edited by: davidbuzatto, at: 2007/04/18 19:55

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You pass the subreport templates as InputStream values form where the engine reads them.

Are you sure you need to do this? You could use the file name or the subreport name as a resource in the classpath.

If you still think the subreports need to be loaded from input streams, then it seems you came across a little bug involving caching. Subreports seem to be cached per filler and not per fill context, as images are.

We'll probably take care of that for a future release, but in the mean time, you could try load the subreport template from the input stream only once, as you cannot read from an input stream twice. This is why you get the EOF exception. The second time the engine tries to load the subreport from the input stream, it realizes it was exhausted by the first read.

This is caused only by the SUBREPORT_DIR_DISCIPLINA_PROCEDIMENTO subreport, because it is nested into a subreport itself.

I hope this helps.

Teodor