Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

error while running OLAP view

mrafalo

Hi

I have made a connection to Oracle XE database, it seems to be working fine. Then I made a simple OLAP schema and MDX query, they were also verified succesfully. However, when I'm trying to run the view, I get an exception:

Code:
Exception Class: class javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException
Message: An error occurred while getting property "result" from an instance of class com.tonbeller.jpivot.tags.OlapModelProxy

There is no other error stack, there is no further information in jasper.log file.

I read that this problem can be caused by invalid jpivot.jar library, however I have no such a file in jasperserver-1.2 folder. Do I have to upgrade JPivot? How to do this?

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mario

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, are you sure there is no error in jasperserver.log? Usually there is a stack trace in that file.

If not, I would suggest trying to make the schema and query as simple as possible until they work, and then you can use the JPivot UI to edit the queries.

The version of JPivot that ships with JapserServer is a compatible version, so at least that is not the problem.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about that I clicked the submit button thinking that just the file would be uploaded.

So to continue. As you can see the schema definition is very simple and the MDX query looks like this.

select {[Measures].[Vehicle count]} ON COLUMNS,

{([Registration Status].[All Registration Statuses])} ON ROWS

from [Vehicles]

You did say make it is easy as possible. I don't know how I can simplify it further.

I get the same error when accessing the view and there is nothing in the log files either.

Thanks

Jaco

Thanks but that did not solve my problem.

The log files are there. I cleared the log files and then tried access the view again. Same error. Only these two lines in the log file.

11:58:42,848 WARN LoggerListener,http-8085-Processor24:55 - Authentication event AuthenticationSuccessEvent: jasperadmin; details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@0: RemoteIpAddress: 192.168.1.1; SessionId: CDE2DEF7470DC48AC52B1A34FD678AFB

11:58:42,863 WARN LoggerListener,http-8085-Processor24:55 - Authentication event InteractiveAuthenticationSuccessEvent: jasperadmin; details: org.acegisecurity.ui.WebAuthenticationDetails@0: RemoteIpAddress: 192.168.1.1; SessionId: CDE2DEF7470DC48AC52B1A34FD678AFB

What now?

I checked that column VEH_REG_ST_CD on VEH is not null. The referential integrity constraint to table LK_VEH_REG_ST is enabled.

I have not made spelling mistakes. I have no problem creating the schema, connection and views. The MDX query is valid.

What else can it be?

Post edited by: jaco.pieterse, at: 2007/05/10 14:15

• 2 years later...