We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problems with patch: JRRtfExporter.java (artf1436)

DanielBeh

Hello everyone!

To improve the quality of images exported into RTF, I tired to use the following patch:

http://jasperforge.org/sf/go/artf1436?nav=1

Unfortunately I had some problems: The patch seems to rely on a rather old version of the JasperReports library (I'm using 1.2.7, tried with 1.3 as well). Thus, some compile errors occurred. I fixed them manually and finally got the (patched) exporter running.

However, exporting images always results in an out of heap space error (exporting reports without images works fine).

Does anybody know how to integrate the patch properly?

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, did you get a solution to this? I am having the same problem. I am trying to use the new JRRtfExporter.java file in v 1.3.0 of JasperReports. It hogs up my memory while creating the RTF because it is trying to generate really big images with really good resolution. If there was some way to just generate the RTF reports that are reasonably clear (not too blurry nor with the greatest resolution) so that the file size is not huge, that would be great.

I also have another question for you. When you were fixing the compile errors in the JRRtfExporter file, did you get errors for these methods below and the 'defaultFont' variable not being found? Where are these coming from?

Code:
getDefaultFont();
getFontIndex(defaultFont);

My labels in my chart images are not being displayed probably because I commented these lines out to get rid of compilation errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...