We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

excel sheet_names

pkozak

Hi

I want to export data using jr to xls format, but I want to have all data on one page, so I do

exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET, Boolean.FALSE);

but then I've got error because jr sheet name is improper

Does instruction

exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.SHEET_NAMES, new String[]{"Sheet1"}

only work in case when pages are on separate sheet?

Thanks in advance

PK

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I don't know if you received my first answer, because I see this wasn't saved on the main page. I try to answer again.

If you've set correctly IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET, and SHEET_NAMES parameters, usually there are no problems. Your single sheet should be named "Sheet1", indeed.

Anyway, if you don't care about the sheet name, the SHEET_NAMES parameter is not required. If you don't set it,the sheet name will be a clone of the document's name.

If you still have this problem, please send us your exactly piece of code, and eventually the generated error stacktrace.

Hope to be helpful,

sanda

Hi

thanks for reply

there is my code below

Code:

public void exportToXLS(String fileName) throws ReportGenerationException {
log.debug(">>"«»);
try {
File destFile = new File(fileName);
JRXlsExporter exporter = new JRXlsExporter();
exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, jasperPrint);
exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_FILE_NAME, destFile.toString());
exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET, Boolean.FALSE);
exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_WHITE_PAGE_BACKGROUND, Boolean.FALSE);
exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_FONT_SIZE_FIX_ENABLED, Boolean.FALSE);
exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.IS_REMOVE_EMPTY_SPACE_BETWEEN_ROWS,
Boolean.TRUE);
exporter.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.SHEET_NAMES, new String[] { "Sheet1" });

exporter.exportReport();
if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
log.debug("nazwa pliku raportu: " + fileName);
log.debug("<<"«»);
}
} catch (JRException jre) {
throw new ReportGenerationException("JRException Exception encountered", jre);
}

}

the name of the only one sheet of generated xls is

name of jasper template without .jasper (not "Sheet1")

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

PK

Hi,

I see all parameters were set correctly. In this case I think is possible that you use an older version of jasperreports. You can get the newest 1.3.0 version from downloads page.

http://www.jasperforge.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=16&Itemid=277

If the problem persist, please send us the error stacktrace (if there is one). Also it is important to know which Excel version you used.

Let me know,

sanda

• 2 weeks later...