Access to elements && Problem comparing variables

imanol00

Hello, JasperFriends!

It´s quite a long time since I wrote for the last time in this forum but now I'm creating my second Java application using reports, new problems come to me.

The thing is very simple: I want to access to the value of the elements in my report, such as textFields or staticTexts (these are located in the Document Structure Tree, at the right side of the iReport screen by default).

I need to do this because I can't do a very simpler thing, which is the main cause of my problem (and the one that I think it could be solved):

I can't compare the values of 2 variables created by myself: "currentReg" and "totalReg". The first one, currentReg, has the value of REPORT_COUNT variable, and its Reset Type with the Report value selected. The second one, totalReg, has the value of REPORT_COUNT variable too, but its Reset Type has the None value selected.

What is the problem? The problem is that I can't compare those 2 variables because the comparison always gives me true as result, they both have the same value (REPORT_COUNT), but in different Reset Type...

Does anybody know anything about this??

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by: imanol00, at: 2007/01/16 16:52

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can't answer your question directly, I may be able to help with some explanation - sorry if this is knowledge you already have.

Reset Type indicates when the variable will be reset to whatever is in the initial value, or null if it is blank.

The only difference between reset types "none" and "report" is that if you select "none" the initial value expression will always be ignored.

Hope this helps