No errors being reported in the event recorder

bhaugland

I noticed that I was not getting any any errors related to database open problems recorded in the event log for scheduled jobs. I am using oracle for my repository. When I checked the logs I found this stack dump.

org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: Hibernate operation: Could not execute JDBC batc

h update; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [insert into JILogEvent (occurrence_date, event_type, u

sername, component, message, resource_uri, event_text, event_data, event_state, id) values (?, ?, ?,

?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; SQL state [72000]; error code [1461]; ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only

for insert into a LONG column

; nested exception is java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for inser

t into a LONG column

java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwBatchUpdateException(DatabaseError.java:367)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeBatch(OraclePreparedStatement.java:9040

)

at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeBatch(WrappedStatement.java:487)

at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:58)

at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:195)

at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:230)

at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:140)

at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingE

ventListener.java:296)

at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:

27)

at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1009)

at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:356)

at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:106)

at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager.doCommit(HibernateTransact

ionManager.java:579)

at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(

AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:500)

at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(Abstrac

tPlatformTransactionManager.java:473)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.doCommitTransactionA

fterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:262)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInte

rceptor.java:110)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvo

cation.java:170)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:176)

at $Proxy58.log(Unknown Source)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.logException(

ReportExecutionJob.java:216)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.handleExcepti

on(ReportExecutionJob.java:178)

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.execute(Repor

tExecutionJob.java:130)

at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

Which field is this referring to. Could this be causing my problem of quartz skipping jobs.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been working on Oracle compatibility so I'm familiar with kind of thing.

I googled on the Oracle error and found a wide variety of issues. Some were caused by Oracle JDBC bugs, others by various combinations of column types and ways of binding values through JDBC, but they were all with long binary or character strings.

The JILogEvent table has event_text with type VARCHAR(4000) and event_data with type "LONG RAW" so these are the two I'd suspect. This hibernate user said he turned up an Oracle JDBC bug although it's not clear from the post how he resolved it. You might want to try getting the latest JDBC driver, though:

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=964482

Other than that, we'd need to find out what Hibernate's doing at the JDBC level (i.e. what setters it's calling to set the column values) and play around with the Hibernate configuration on this table (which is in an hbm.xml file) to see if there's a better type to use for these columns.

Sorry I can't be more specific...I think this will be trial and error. I'd report this as a bug (which I might end up fixing).