We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

v1.3.0: 100% CPU usage after the jrxml is opened

lovetide

I have a jrxml file which is created by older version iReport, the file is last saved from iReport 1.2.6

When I opened this file by iReport v1.3.0, the usage of CPU keeps 100% even if I closed this file from iReport, I must close the whole iReport application to get a normal CPU usage.

The attachment is that CPU usage murderer... [file name=CallAmount_100865x_Daily_Report.jrxml size=21639]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/CallAmount_100865x_Daily_Report.jrxml[/file]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jmurray wrote:

I had this problem with an earlier release of iReport. It turned out to be an incompatible version of Sun's SDK. If you are still using version 1.4 then get on over to Sun and grab version 5:

http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/index.jsp

Once you've installed it, make sure you copy the new tools.jar file to iReport's lib directory

Thanks for your reply jmurray.

In fact, I installed both jdk1.5.0_10(with public JRE installed) and jdk1.6.0(without public JRE installed), because iReport auto detect and select the newest jvm to startup, so I'm actually using 1.6.0 now (this can be confirmed from the Help-->About iReport-->System properties).

I've also copied the tools.jar to %IREPORT_HOME%lib directory, then restart ireport 1.3.0, then reopen that file, but the problem still exist.

Some other simple jrxmls will not cause this problem, I don't know what's wrong with this one.

Post edited by: lovetide, at: 2006/12/27 16:20

Check your report's query is not generating a large cartesian product. Same goes for any sub-reports too.

Also check that values passed to and from subreports are actually changing (ie. make sure you haven't set a calling parameter or return variable to a fixed value for testing and forgotten to put them back to what they should be).

• 4 weeks later...