when RPT_SHOW_PRINTED_BY=0

But when i use in "printed by" Field

properties-->Print when expression

---------------------------------------

new Boolean($F{RPT_SHOW_PRINTED_BY})

--------------------------------------

it is showing error:

------------------------------------------------

Compiling to file... .footer.jasper -> C:Program FilesJasperSoftiReport-1.2.6footer.java

Errors compiling .footer.jasper!

it.businesslogic.ireport.ReportClassLoader@32dc75 net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException:ÂErrorsÂwereÂencounteredÂwhenÂcompilingÂreportÂexpressionsÂclassÂfile: 1.ÂTheÂconstructorÂBoolean(BigDecimal)ÂisÂundefined ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvalueÂ=Â(java.lang.Boolean)(newÂBoolean(((java.math.BigDecimal)field_RPT_SHOW_PRINTED_BY.getValue()))); ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ<-------------------------------------------------------------------------> 2.ÂTheÂconstructorÂBoolean(BigDecimal)ÂisÂundefined ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvalueÂ=Â(java.lang.Boolean)(newÂBoolean(((java.math.BigDecimal)field_RPT_SHOW_PRINTED_BY.getOldValue()))); ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ<----------------------------------------------------------------------------> 3.ÂTheÂconstructorÂBoolean(BigDecimal)ÂisÂundefined ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvalueÂ=Â(java.lang.Boolean)(newÂBoolean(((java.math.BigDecimal)field_RPT_SHOW_PRINTED_BY.getValue()))); ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ<-------------------------------------------------------------------------> 3Âerrors ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:193) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:105) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:127) ÂÂÂÂatÂnet.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:109) ÂÂÂÂatÂit.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:507) ÂÂÂÂatÂjava.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Compilation running time : 547

------------------------------------------------------

HOW SHOULD I WRITE THE EXPRESSION.

ALAUDDIN

Post edited by: alauddinctgbd, at: 2006/11/20 07:34

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like a type issue. Your field is a BigDecimal, and you want to make it a Boolean. You can't cast between those types directly (hence the error).

First I'd try to change the type of the field to something more useful. A decimal representation of a field that's always 0 or 1 doesn't make a lot of sense.

If it must be a BigDecimal, then I'd try something like

$F{RPT_SHOW_PRINTED_BY}.toBigInteger().equals(BigInteger.ONE)

which returns a true if the original field is 1, and false if it's anything else. Because of the conversion from decimal to integer, though, you may run into odd errors if the field is slightly off from 0 or 1.