We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

variable and text field expressions

sgayathrii

hai friends...

i like 2 know hw to use this variable and text feild expressions in ireports.Can you guide me plz

my condition is like this...

say according to a 'status' field tat iam getting from query... i need to pass 'YES' or 'NO' string values to three other fields...

for these three field can i use variable expression or text field expression? whichever may b... tel me how to assign string values to these expressions...

its urgent... need ur help...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I understood your problem right but here my thoughts:

Your Boolean-StatusField from query: $F{YourStatusBooleanField} that is TRUE or FALSE

Your Textfield-1: $F{YourTextField1}

Your Textexpression for that field should be:

$F{YourStatusBooleanField}? $F{YourTextField1} + " YES":$F{YourTextField1} + " NO"

Means in simple minds: append the String " YES" to your first Textfield if your statusfield is TRUE.... otherwise append String " NO".

Do the other two fields of course the same way!

That's how I did interprete your question, if wrong please post again (more precisely).

hth

C-Box

thanks for ur response friend..

the option wat u hav given is compiling with no errors, but the output wat iam aiming is not cming..

but i like explain more clearly the way i want the output.

this is my query..

" select dt.dist_ename,tk.taluk_ename, vi.vill_ename, substring(wkf.landrecid,8,2) as surveyno,

wkf.status as status from

workflowtable wkf ,village vi, taluk tk, district dt where substring(wkf.landrecid,3,2)=vi.taluk_code and

substring(wkf.landrecid,1,2)=vi.dist_code and substring(wkf.landrecid,5,3)=vi.vill_code and

substring(wkf.landrecid,3,2)=tk.taluk_code and vi.taluk_code= tk.taluk_code and

substring(wkf.landrecid,1,2)=tk.dist_code and vi.dist_code = tk.dist_code and

substring(wkf.landrecid,1,2)=dt.dist_code and vi.dist_code = dt.dist_code and tk.dist_code = dt.dist_code

and wkf.status='F' and dt.dist_code = '23' and tk.taluk_code='03' and

vi.vill_code = '007' and wkf.createdtime::date between '2006-01-01' and '2006-09-30'

UNION

select dt.dist_ename,tk.taluk_ename, vi.vill_ename, substring(wkf.landrecid,8,2) as surveyno,

workflowtable wkf ,village vi, taluk tk, district dt where substring(wkf.landrecid,3,2)=vi.taluk_code and

substring(wkf.landrecid,1,2)=vi.dist_code and substring(wkf.landrecid,5,3)=vi.vill_code and

substring(wkf.landrecid,1,2)=dt.dist_code and vi.dist_code = dt.dist_code and tk.dist_code = dt.dist_code

and wkf.status='C' and dt.dist_code = '23' and tk.taluk_code='03' and

vi.vill_code = '007' and wkf.checkingtime::date between '2006-01-01' and '2006-09-30'

UNION

select dt.dist_ename,tk.taluk_ename, vi.vill_ename, substring(wkf.landrecid,8,2) as surveyno,

and wkf.status='A' and dt.dist_code = '23' and tk.taluk_code='03' and

vi.vill_code = '007' and wkf.approvaltime::date between '2006-01-01' and '2006-09-30' "

in this query iam having a 'status' field... wen status is 'F' then i should generate three more fields in my report with 'Yes', 'No' , 'No' as values..

similarly in case of 'C' the three fields values must b 'Yes', 'Yes', 'No'

and for 'A' the values wil be 'Yes', 'Yes', 'Yes'.

hw can i get this?

as u said before.. iam nt having any boolean field here..

can i use variable expression here in these cases?

thanks in advance

gayathri