We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Classpath problems w/ a JRDataSourceProvider

2006 IR Open Dicussion

By: Cameron Taggart - ctaggart

Classpath problems w/ a JRDataSourceProvider

2006-06-15 23:20

I'm having difficulties with a custom JRDataSourceProvider. I put my library containing the JRDataSourceProvider and its dependencies in the ./lib directory. One of the dependencies is Spring. Spring is in the ./lib folder, but I keep getting errors like:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: interface org.springframework.aop.framework.Advised is not visible from class loader

at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.getProxyClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Proxy.newProxyInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.getProxy(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:104)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.getProxy(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:94)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactory.getProxy(ProxyFactory.java:72)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFactory.getProxy(ProxyFactory.java:101)

at org.springframework.remoting.caucho.HessianProxyFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(HessianProxyFactoryBean.java:52)

at

I can't help but think it has something to do with:

Object obj = Class.forName((String)jTextFieldJRDataSourceProvider.getText().trim(), true, MainFrame.getMainInstance().getReportClassLoader()).newInstance();

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? What does ReportClassLoader do? Will it not load the Spring jar?

Cameron

By: Martyn - martyn-hi-ss-nl

RE: Classpath problems w/ a JRDataSourceProvi

2006-06-17 05:35

Have you added both jar files to the class path in iReport? Dont forget about the bug where your classpath is deleted when you reload iReport. It's possible your classpath is empty.

By: Cameron Taggart - ctaggart

RE: Classpath problems w/ a JRDataSourceProvi

2006-06-17 11:07

I placed all necessary jars in the "lib" directory to add them to the classpath. Is anything else needed? I haven't heard about that bug yet. Simple editing the source code and changing it to get "this"'s ClassLoader works. I also changed the remote communication protocol from Hessian to Spring Framework's HttpInvoker, which gives a lot clearer error messages.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days