problem installing jasper server

ktrinad

By: maclennan - mmaclennan

problem installing jasper server

2006-07-24 17:04

I have been trying to install jasper server on a linux maching. I have installed mysql, apache tomcat. I followed the detailed instructions for installing jasper server by droping the war file in tomcat and setting up the databases with a fresh install of mysql but can't get it to run.

When I type localhost:8080/jasperserver I get the error 'The requested resource (/jasperserver/) is not available.

When I try to start the service in the tomcat management consol it say that it fails to start.

I have also checked the logs and the only error that is appaent to me is a warning stating this;

"Warning: A docBase /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/webapps/jasperserver inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored

SEVERE: Error listenerStart

PM org.apache.catallina.core.StandartContext start

SEVERE: Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errors"

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before if so how did you solve it?

By: T Kavanagh - tkavanagh

RE: problem installing jasper server

2006-07-26 13:12

It sounds like have done your install from the jasperintelligence-1.0.1-bin.zip (ie the "stand-alone war archive") and not the linux installer.

There is an install guide for the war file, which it sounds like you are using to configure your installation. I find the most common problem is the database connection. Also, with a war file (due to the auto-deploy in tomcat) you can end up with two database configuration files. One is WEB-CONF/context.xml and the other gets created by tomcat in conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver.xml (or something similar). To be safe both of these should be checked to see that the database, dbuser, dbuserpasswd, etc are correct.

Try using the same info in the db xml files to actually login using mysql's client tool (ie. similar to: mysql -u root -p -h localhost -D jasperserver)

Also check all your other config files such as js.mail.properties. Also, hopefully you can find more log information... did you check tomcat/logs/catalina.out?

The JasperIntelligence-WarFile-Install-Guide.pdf has been updated in both JasperForge.org and sourceforge take a look at some of the db and troubleshooting info.

Lastly, the forums will be migrating to jasperforge.org.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days