Error starting up JasperIntelligence

ktrinad

By: Richard Kooijman - richardk0

Error starting up JasperIntelligence

2006-07-11 04:33

Hi,

I installed JasperIntelligence using the installer on a Windows XP SP2 workstation.

I already had MySQL 5.0.22 and Tomcat 5.5 installed, so I opted to re-use these existing instances.

The installation ran smoothly as far as I can tell, but when I try to start the JasperIntelligence server I get these messages in my Tomcat log:

01:30:00,265 ERROR [/jasperserver],Thread-1:3673 - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery.

org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]]

at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreSupport.initialize(JobStoreSupport.java:493)

As a result the JasperIntelligence context fails to start in Tomcat.

The login to MySQL should be correct since the jasperserver, foodmart and sugarcrm databases are created and filled correctly.

And the root login works on-line also using the MySQL Administrator tool.

To make it possible for Tomcat webapps to connect to MySQL, I added mysql-connector-java-3.1.11-bin.jar to the common/lib directory of Tomcat

Anybody here that might have a clue about where to look further?

By: Javy Dreamer - javydreamercsw

RE: Error starting up JasperIntelligence

2006-07-12 04:57

I've met some errors like this one and reported the bugs. There's an issue with how JasperIntelligence closes. In my case the mysql instance stays alive giving many login related error displayed. I haven't seen yours in my case but is a posibility.

Try stopping JasperIntelligence. Then look for any mysql instance running (in task manager) and shut it down. Then start the server again.

I just had to Restart mine in order for ti to work when I turned on my PC today.

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-07-12 05:41

In the installers, we need to move to deploying the bunded MySQL and Tomcat as services under Windows. This should fix these start and stop issues.

Sherman

JasperSoft

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-07-12 05:48

So was the issue that the MySQL connector JAR was not in your Tomcat instance? Are you still getting that error?

Try looking at /META-INF/context.xml. The JNDI definitions for the data sources are in there.

Sherman

JasperSoft

By: Richard Kooijman - richardk0

2006-07-13 02:57

>>>So was the issue that the MySQL connector JAR was not in your Tomcat instance? Are you still getting that error?

I am still getting the error. I only said that to explain that I used that particular JDBC driver in the way as I described (in common/lib).

>>>Try looking at /META-INF/context.xml. The JNDI definitions for the data sources are in there.

I did that. What I do not understand is that jasperadmin is listed there as user, but the error is about 'root'?!

To make sure I did the following:

- I modified that context.xml file to say username="root" password="******"

- I tried logging in on the command-line with jasperadmin:

C:Documents and Settingsrkooijman>mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u jasperadmin -pjasperad

min jasperserver

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or g.

Your MySQL connection id is 22 to server version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Type 'help;' or 'h' for help. Type 'c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>

mysql>

mysql> select * from datatype;

+----+------+-----------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+--------

---+-----------+

| id | type | maxLength | decimals | regularExpr | minValue | maxValue | strictM

in | strictMax |

+----+------+-----------+----------+-------------+----------+----------+--------

---+-----------+

| 3 | 3 | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL |

| |

| 30 | 2 | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL | NULL |

| |

---+-----------+

2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

But I still keep getting the failure to login as root to the MySQL database.

Any new insights, anyone?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days