Where to affiliate Input Control with mysql

ktrinad

By: CPOSNER - cposner

Where to affiliate Input Control with mysql

2006-06-23 08:22

Using a newly set up Jasperserver with mysql. We have now have in place successful reports created within iReport.

Problem/Question: I do not understand how the relationship is set up between the "Input Control" and the database field. In other words if I wanted to filter a specific report format for specific transactions matching a USER ID "JRICHARDS" against the database field called "USER_ID" for an established report how do I affiliate the Jasperserver Single text control against the field for filtering? It is obvious how the control needs to be setup, but I cannot find any examles or documentation on where and how the affiliation is setup.

By: Nemanja Spasojevic - sofra

RE: Where to affiliate Input Control with mys

2006-06-24 15:46

look at the example in JasperServer-User-Guide.pdf (in jasperserver-ws-0.9.2_03docs)

where it's shown how to use input control to assign value to the parameter. Once you have parameter seted up to the value from input control you can use it in the MySql queries in the document.

Although watch out there are some bugs with input control in a current version, that should be fixed in 1.0 version, that should be out very soon.

By: CPOSNER - cposner

RE: Where to affiliate Input Control with mysql

2006-06-26 15:41

The concept of an SQL embedded parameter from Jasper in understood. However, the example does not provide specific Syntax. Can you provide an explicit example of the required SQL Syntax to embed the Jasperserver parameter. For example:

1) Jasper provided Parameter name = "Contact_tp"

2) MYSQL table.fieldname = "Contact.Contact_type"

The exact syntax for the SQL where clause = Where...?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days