Invoking JasperReports - from JasperServer

ktrinad

By: sud - sudhakar06

Invoking JasperReports - from JasperServer

2006-05-31 15:31

Hi,

I'm using JasperServer-0.9.2. Is there a way to invoke the jasperreport from jasperserver as URL passing in the report name and its parameters?

i.e, http://localhost:8080/jasperserver?report=test.jasper&param=test

If so, please let me know how to do this or please direct me to the documentation.

Thank You.

By: schneewittchen - schneexy4

RE: Invoking JasperReports - from JasperServe

2006-06-02 02:13

I have the same problem. I have already tested a lot of variants- however unfortunately it doesn't work. I now have tried to call the report within the Jasperserver-Ws to merge over a Java class called JasperEngine. However I get error messages also there. For assistance to this topic I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

By: Sherman Wood - sgwood

2006-06-02 03:47

To get to the parameter entry page:

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/fillparams.html?report=/reports/samples/SalesByMonth

To get to the report itself without going through parameters:

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/viewreport.html?report=/reports/samples/AlAccounts

What we do not have as a feature is being able to pass the report parameters in the URL. We need to do this as an enhancement.

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-06-02 05:01

Thanks, this helps a little bit ;-)

Is there no way to pass the login parameters in the URL, so that you don't have the login screen bevor you can see the report?

Thanx

2006-06-07 23:43

Hello again,

it will be greatful if somebody can tell me if it is possible to implement the generated report without going through the login page..

its really urgent..

Thanks for your help.

2006-06-08 10:35

Do you want any authentication for the system? It is easy to drop out through a security config change.

Sherman

JasperSoft

2006-06-12 22:32

Yes I think this is the problem, there should be an authentication for the system, but the reports which were implemented should be shown without the login..

where do I have to do the security config change? if there is no other way to pass the login then this would be the solution of the problem..

It would be greatful if someone can tell me how to do the security config change..

Thanks

2006-06-13 17:55

Here is something to try:

Look at WEB-INF/applicationContext-security.xml and find the filterInvocationInterceptor bean definition. Change the page definition lines to:

/flow.html=ROLE_USER,ROLE_ANONYMOUS

/loginsuccess.html=ROLE_USER,ROLE_ANONYMOUS

/viewreport.html=ROLE_USER,ROLE_ANONYMOUS

/fillparams.html=ROLE_USER,ROLE_ANONYMOUS

Sherman

JasperSoft

By: ibisabel - ibisabel

RE: Invoking JasperReports - from JasperServer

2006-06-14 08:55

sud,

I don't know what your setup is, but it is possible to invoke a report from jasperserver using PHP and CURL to pass the parameters to the JasperServer 'behind-the-scenes' in lieu of passing directly from the URL.

My setup uses PHP/CURL to login to the jasperserver, get the flowExecution key, and pass my report parameters to jasperserver and then display the report in PDF without requiring a user to directly enter this information.

hope that helps some...

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days