JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Barcode Full ASCII character set

2005 IR Help

By: andersons - andersons

Barcode Full ASCII character set

2005-12-23 09:30

I am producing 3of9 barcodes that need the full ascii character set. I receive the error of java.lang.RuntimeException: Illegal character - try using extended mode if you need to encode the full ASCII character set at it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage().I know that there is an option to do so with barbecue. I was wondering if anyone knew how to set this with iReport or even within the XML code. Thanks in advance.

Susan

By: Rob Karatzas - tutor

RE: Barcode Full ASCII character set

2006-04-18 07:47

having the same issue (with v1.2) Susan

did you ever find a solution for this?

thanks rob

By: Rob Karatzas - tutor

RE: Barcode Full ASCII character set

2006-04-18 07:57

the 'real' issue is having unsupported characters (in my case, these were lowercase characters).

my solution was just to uppercase the inbound data field.

rob

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am new in this forum and my problem is similar. For my current project I need to use the * character (/u002A) in the barcode expression. The font I am using is 3of9. The problem is ireport is throwing the following error when its filling the report. (No compilation errors)

ava.lang.RuntimeException: Illegal character - try using extended mode if you need to encode the full ASCII character set

How can I use the extended mode or use full ascii character set with barcodes. So if you guys learned how to do it can you send a reply. I need to get this ASAP since the deadline is strict.

Thanks,

Ugur