We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multiple Pages of static text

2004 IR Help

By: Wal Millard - walmillard

Multiple Pages of static text

2004-10-07 00:21

Hi,

I have been using ireport and jasper reports for some time and i now have a requirement to print some lengthy terms and conditions for each report i print.

What do you think is the best way to print 10-20 pages of static text? Should i put each page in a sub report? Or can i use dummy bands to "page break" one long report?

please advise best solution.

Cheers

walmillard

By: nialljpmurphy - nialljpmurphy

RE: Multiple Pages of static text

2004-10-07 02:22

Hi,

I also have a similar issue ... have you made any progress with this or does anyone else have any ideas on best approach.

Are there any tools within iReport for creating multipage documents ? I can't see any obvious way of doing so .. but maybe I'm missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Niall.

2004-10-13 17:11

hi,

I have decided to use subreports 1 for each page. im using the "is styled text" for formatting.

my next question is. Which is faster to render to PDF 1 single static text as big as a page, filled with all the paragraphs formatted and subheadings using the <style> tags, OR individual static text objects for each sub heading and paragraph?

WD

2004-10-24 16:58

Ok i have got my single page subreports working. I defined a custom sized report that fits neatly into the margins of my master report.

the single page has no margin, or headers/footers (these are on the master report). And becuase i dont need a data source, all the text is in the title band. All the other bands are empty/ size zero.

ok so once i have my page setup. i simply add a new band to my master report and place the subreport in the band. add the parameters i need and thats it.

WM

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's great ... BUT what if somewhere in that text you also wanted to put a field retrieved from the db which was some text the size of which you didn't know at design time - could be 1 line, could be 200 lines, i.e. some dynamic text. How would your report handle pagination then?

• 1 year later...