We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

org.apache.xpath.XPathException

2002 JI Open Discussion

By: mauricio cordero - maucorpat2

org.apache.xpath.XPathException

2005-07-11 03:47

When I compiling no error apear, when I execute the following error apear:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: XPath selection failed. Expression: /GLOBAL/DAY+usrsAuthenAvg at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRXmlDataSource.getFieldValue(JRXmlDataSource.java:336) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:872) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:116) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:622) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:116) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:428) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:344) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:571) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Caused by: org.apache.xpath.XPathException: No se puede convertir #NUMBER en una NodeList. at org.apache.xpath.objects.XObject.error(XObject.java:741) at org.apache.xpath.objects.XObject.nodeset(XObject.java:471) at org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(CachedXPathAPI.java:219) at org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI.selectSingleNode(CachedXPathAPI.java:177) at org.apache.xpath.CachedXPathAPI.selectSingleNode(CachedXPathAPI.java:157) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRXmlDataSource.getFieldValue(JRXmlDataSource.java:334)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for connection/database properties is:

xml file = /home/ocordero/documentos/javadoc/JasperReport/reportesAirMonitor/xmlFileGroup.xml

select expresion = /GLOBAL/DAY

---

And for field is :

fieldname = usrsAuthenAvg;

class type = java.lang.string;

field description= /GLOBAL/DAY+usrsAuthenAvg.

---

And my xml file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<GLOBAL CreationData="2005-07-07 16:48:12.972" Type="Uso de la red wireless">

<alarmHighTotal>717</alarmHighTotal>

<alarmMediumTotal>86</alarmMediumTotal>

<alarmLowTotal>2</alarmLowTotal>

<DAY Date="2005-05-20 23:59:14.176">

<usrsAsocAvg>2</usrsAuthenAvg>

<traficInAvg>3070</traficInAvg>

</DAY>

<DAY Date="2005-05-22 00:01:01.696">

<usrsAsocAvg>5</usrsAuthenAvg>

<traficInAvg>1200</traficInAvg>

</DAY>

</GLOBAL>

some curious is: If I change the """field description= /GLOBAL/DAY/usrsAuthenAvg."" from the data connection. otherwise if I change the simbol "+" for "/", no apear error when I run the repor from the iReport. But show the report wrong, since it shows the first data (DAY) twice without showing the second DAY.

Please help me. I try for two days And I cant found the solution.

Oscar from spain.

By: Wal Millard - walmillard

RE: org.apache.xpath.XPathException

2005-11-23 14:14

Ur xpath statement is incorrect. the + is the probelm i suggest you remove it and set your description to just simply

usrsAuthenAvg

and your xml datasource expression to

/GLOBAL/DAY/

(Note this is all case sensitive)

XPath Builds on your Expresion, so at runtime the entire expression (the xml datasource path, and the field description part) should look and point to a valid xml tag or attribute.

i.e

/GLOBAL/DAY/usrsAuthenAvg

luck

walmillard

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days