Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

How to stretch fields horizontally?

2005 IR Help

By: Malgorzata - malga

How to stretch fields horizontally?

2005-04-14 06:42

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is a possibility to stretch fields horizontally not only vertically. That means when some field overflows it would stretch horizontally and field that is next to would be moved to the right.

Thanks for any response

Malgorzata

By: Malgorzata - malga

RE: How to stretch fields horizontally?

2005-04-15 03:18

Hi,

the solution of that problem would be some frame in which fields could be placed. It means this frame would have constant width and would be the limiter for fields inside. When fields stretch to the right margin of the frame, fields would stretch vertically. The best idea would be property for the frame and for fields like: stretch vertically or stretch horizontally. So that you can select what you need.

It would be also very usefull for drowing the frame around the group of fields. I also need that... And the rectangle is not good for this because it doesn't stretch as far as the fields stretch. The property "Stretch type" for the frame could have item like this: "RelativeToObjectsInside".

Anyway, thank you very much for reply

Malgorzata

By: C-Box - c-box

2005-04-14 07:02

Not yet... but I also would HIGHLY APPRECIATE that feature... but there you must ensure, that the moving rightwards not crosses the defined margins/report width.

So kind a bit tricky... the vertical stretching is no problem... so a new page must be done... but what to do, when a fields stretches to much right? Also a new page? Kind of difficult - but if you say, just stretch as long the sum of the current field + the width of the next fields are not greater than the defined page width - margin then it's okay (in my opinion)

just my two cent

C-Box

By: Andrew - andrew_d

2005-07-07 13:10

I would also very much appreciate a feature like this. Does anyone have workarounds for dealing with placing fields of variable width next to each other and having them push each other if they exceed box size? I can't put them them in one field because one of them is a hyperlink.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic