bar chart with multiple categories

2005 IR Help

By: Mark Chisum - chisum

bar chart with multiple categories

2005-05-13 10:48

I'm using iReport 0.4.1.

I want to create a report containing a bar chart with multiple categories.

For example, I have a table called "temperature" with the following three columns:

year, hi_temperature, lo_temperature.

My report query is: select year, hi_temperature, lo_temperature from temperature order by year

I'm able to create the text report showing these three column values on each line.

I'm able to create a bar chart showing hi_temperature by year or lo_temperature by year.

I'm NOT able to create a bar chart showing both hi_temperature and lo_temperature by year on a single chart.

Specifically, how do I define the "Report Series" to create a bar chart with multiple categories.

Thanks for your time.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, are you trying to create a bar chart with two bars per year, one for high and one for low, or are you trying to create a single bar that shows both high and low for a year.

If the former, you should be able to create a bar chart with a single category (the year) and two series, one for high and one for low. For fun, make it a stacked bar chart so the low is always in front of the high.

If you want a chart where the low is the start of the bar and the high is the end of the bar, you will need to use a chart customizer and change the bar renderer, as greylimbo says.

-Barry