Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Report Appear Null...Help

ktrinad

By: Pang Yoke Chin - roderisland

Report Appear Null...Help

2003-12-01 23:40

hi.dear all expert, do you all know what the report will appear null of my field, and all the compile was got no problem...database also success to connected and everythings work fine....and i have look at this forum, some expert say need to scratch the field, or resize the field from the width or height to bigger, i have done this so.....but i still get the null appear.do you know why??? thankx

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Report Appear Null...Help

2003-12-02 03:25

For any textfields, check the flag "stretch with overflow".

Of course if apperare "null" this means that the value in the field is null.

Giulio

2003-12-02 08:37

hi gt78, thankx for ur suggestion, i am now can read data fro my database already, but it was only in the ireport, when i use it in my jsp, it become null again, i have read for some discuss at here before, they say is the size problem, and i keep resizing my field, it still was null.......every things is works fine in the ireport, but is null in the jsp, do you know why? thankx a lot.

2003-12-03 06:27

1. You have not replaced your jasper templates in your web environment

2. Your web enviroment use different fonts size

3. ....?....

Giulio

2003-12-03 16:48

hi Guilio:

i have replace the WebappReport.xml and also have compile it and generate a jasper file in the web enviroment alredy......and it also still the null, abt the font size, do u mean the font size in the brouser? i have change it feel time since u told, me, but it still null....is that is the jsp file that i call the jasper file got problem?

my jsp as below....... i just use the jasper example...does it need to modify? don worry, i replace the webappReport.xml and compile it again already, so i did not modify my .jsp

<%@ page errorPage="error.jsp" %>

<%@ page import="datasource.*" %>

<%@ page import="dori.jasper.engine.*" %>

<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>

<%@ page import="java.io.*" %>

<%

File reportFile = new File(application.getRealPath("/Examples/Pdf/reports/WebappReport.jasper"));

Map parameters = new HashMap();

byte[] bytes =

JasperRunManager.runReportToPdf(

reportFile.getPath(),

parameters,

new WebappDataSource()

);

response.setContentType("application/pdf");

response.setContentLength(bytes.length);

ServletOutputStream ouputStream = response.getOutputStream();

ouputStream.write(bytes, 0, bytes.length);

ouputStream.flush();

ouputStream.close();

%>

2003-12-04 15:19

try to put the pdf output in a file and redirect the browser to this file. In this way I'll sure that is not used a cache.

The machine that generate the report, and the machine that you are using to design the report are the same? same Os ?

Giulio

2003-12-04 16:13

Very thank you for your reply again, i use the same os, same machine, same path and folder and filename to design and output from my jsp file, it still fail..........

2003-12-04 16:18

what i think is.....is that i need to install and run the Ant??? do u think is this problem??? thankx

By: Darren Hartford - binarymonk

2003-12-05 03:15

Hi Roderisland,

Just to help clarify, in the report are your fields printing blanks, or are they printing the text "null"?

If they are printing "null" you should take another look at your datasource/query as that would be the source of the problem (or your registered fields maybe..?). If these are Parameters instead of Variables, make sure the parameters are correctly named and populating.

If the fields are printing blank, I have seen this - and like others have mentioned - sometimes resizing the field to be much larger will work.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic