Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Digester error

ktrinad

By: elle2 - elle2

Digester error

2003-07-14 00:45

hello,

I have met the following error and not sure what has gone wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Errors compiling C:tempJasperRptsListCurAccjasper! Jul 14, 2003 3:22:02 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester error SEVERE: Parse Error at line 24 column 56: Attribute value "Lending Group" of type NMTOKEN must be a name token. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute value "Lending Group" of type NMTOKEN must be a name token. at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.validateDTDattribute(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.addDTDDefaultAttrsAndValidate(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1514) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:373) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:357) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:337) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:323) at dori.jasper.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:121) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:139) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Digester error

2003-07-14 03:47

Post the XML. There is an error. The code was generated from iReport directly?

The line that generate the error is a line in the XML

that contains the string:

"Lending Group"

Giulio

By: elle2 - elle2

2003-07-14 18:45

Thanks Giulio.

The error message I posted was from iReport directly.

I realise that if the field string contains a space in between, in my case [Lending Group], the report will not be generated and will have error. When I change table field name to [Lending_Group] in my sql server 2000 DB and it is now working.

Is that reasoning correct?

Thanks.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2003-07-15 00:24

Yes, all correct. If you wan't change the db fiel name, you can use alias in your query.

JAsperReports transform the fields name in java variables name and spaces are not allowed.

Giulio

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic