We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×
  • Missing Resource Bundle in Jaspersoft Studio 5.5.0

bnee_1
    • Features: Localization, Reports Version: v5.5, v5.5.0 Product: Jaspersoft® Studio

Issue Description:

Created a new resource bundle in Jaspersoft Studio v5.5.0, but when trying to preview a report that uses that resource bundle in a new locale, it fails with the error:

[toc]
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name <base_name>, locale <locale>

Resolution:

1. In the Project Explorer window, right click on the Project name and select "New" -> "Folder" and name the folder the base name of the resource bundle.
    2. Make sure all of the locale .properties files are moved into this folder.
    3. Right click on that resource bundle folder and go to "Build Path" and select "Use as Source Folder."

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I wish this would work for LINKED resource bundle folders. Has anyone been able to accomplish this? I often modify these files in my project outside Jaspersoft Studio, but I'm only able to see the modifications (added or changed strings) if I overwrite the files after that in the project, which is a pity.

This is now closed for further comments