This page contains step by step instructions to install the WebService Datasource in TIBCO JasperReports® Server and TIBCO Jaspersoft® Studio.
For additional information on this project please refer to the Project Home Page.
Download WebService Datasource
Extract the zip downloaded from the Project's Release Area.
Update: using version 1.5 on JRS 6.4, only the zip Jaspersoft Web Service Data Source v1.5 was needed in the following steps
The unzipped folder will be referenced as [WS_DS_DIR] from now on.
Install TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio Plugin
- Localize your Jaspersoft Studio Installation directory. We'll reference it as [JSS_DIR] from now on
- Open the folder [WS_DS_DIR]\JSS
- Copy the jar files in this folder
- Open the folder [JSS_DIR]\plugins
- paste the previously copied jars
Install in TIBCO JasperReports Server
- Localize your JasperReports Server web application folder. We'll reference it as [JRS_DIR] from now on
- Open the folder [WS_DS_DIR]\JRS\WEB-INF
- Copy all the folder's content
- Stop your web server running JasperReports Server
- Open the folder [JRS_DIR]\WEB-INF
- Backup this folder before executing next step! (this is not mandatory, but recommended)
- paste the previously copied files. Please note that it is not supposed to override any existing file.
- (This step is required only for Community Edition):
- open the file [JRS_DIR]\WEB-INF\applicationContext-WebServiceDataSource.xml
- Go to line 49 of the xml file, inside the bean addQueryLanguage change the property beanName from queryLanguagesPro to queryLanguagesCe
- Start your web server running JRS
Import Samples in TIBCO JasperReports Server repository