Ad Hoc

Synonyms: 
Adhoc
adhoc
ad hoc

Calculated Measure - Ad-Hoc - Pre Aggregated Values

I need to display pre-aggregated inside the Ad-Hoc Editor. For this I was thinking to create a calculated measure which give me just one special value out of a list. please see example attached

stegmann's picture

Answers:

If there is no algorithmic way of finding the special value, there is no chance of writing a function that finds it.  

elizam's picture

Pages

Ad-Hoc Reporting Relative Dates - Inclusive or Exclusive?

Hello! I have questions around the relative dates in ad-hoc reports with Japsersoft Server.

If I create a filter with:

DAY-1: Does this return records that are from the past 24 hours, throughout the day yesterday, or just items from today?

WEEK-1: Does this return records from the past 7 days starting from the moment the report is run, the last calendar week (and if so, does the calendar run Sun-Sat), or the current week (so if I ran the report on a Monday, this would only include data from Sunday and Monday)?

tarun.chawla's picture

Answers:

No answers yet

Pages

Ad Hoc Reporting custom access

Dear colleagues,

I'm looking for solution for access Ad Hoc Reporting components (domains, view etc.) from my custom web application (Java EE). In other words it is required to have some Ad Hoc Reporting things embedded into my application while restricting access to it based on user roles provided. We need to have access to reporting through so-called "single sign on" concept. Do we have such an ability provided by Jaspersoft? Thank you very much!

john.doe1991's picture

Answers:

Unfortunately no. I think there's a plan to support Adhocs in Visualize.js in future releases (may be this Spring release).

As of now, the best is to use iFrame and add SSO support yourself to access the Adhoc page.

hozawa's picture

Pages

Geeting error while using calculated fields in columns of jasper adhoc reports

I have created the calculated field with concatenated by two strings using jasper domian designer. when i try to use the calculated field in adho view  column i am getting the following error "An erorr occured while performing the previous request". Is it possible to add calculated fields as a column in  jasper adhoc view reports ?

raja.shekar's picture

Answers:

No answers yet

Pages

Is it possible to integrate ad-hoc reporting capabilities into an external system

Using any of the integration options? I.e. Rest API, Visualise.js, etc?

I don't even mind using IFrames if we can get around the user having to re-authenticate.

A bit of background; we have a web application that we are adding reporting to.  I would love to give users the ability to:

- Create adhoc reports/charts

- Save them as public or private (this could map to different folders under the jasper covers)

- Have a menu where the user can see all public and their own private ad-hoc report

guido.tapia's picture

Answers:

There's currently no API nor Visualize.js support for Ad Hoc views. There was a webinar yesterday and Tibco Jaspersoft said they Visualize.js support is on the works. I would like to see that too.

hozawa's picture

Pages

Sample report data targeted to the Manufacturing Industry

Does anyone have sample data for Ad-hoc reporting which is more relevant to the Electric & Machines Manufacturing Industry?

iggi's picture

Answers:

No answers yet

Pages

Ad-hoc views vs Reports

I am new to BI and looking at JasperSoft server 5.6.1 commercial edition.  Our users want to be able to create ad-hoc reports from an oracle data sources. I have to give a short demo of the web UI for designing a simple report. My question is a somewhat philosophical one: What are the general advantages of creating a report against a view as the datasource as opposed to other BI products where the report is designed directly against the relational datasource?

bill.talley's picture

Answers:

I think you're getting confused with terminology. In JasperReports Server, it's create a Domain and then Adhoc View. Adhoc Views are interactive reports. An user may opt to generate Adhoc Report from an Adhoc View but this isn't really necessary.

An user may also opt to create a Report using Jaspersoft Studio - this does't require creation of an Adhoc View.

I think what's you're describing as a "view" is a "Domain" in JasperReports Server terminology. Data abstraction and security is a good thing and it's another few checks on features comparision list, but I've found most users do this in their backend application, database, esb, etc. rather than on BI server.

I agree with your audience's stance. That's why I've developed an addition to enable users to just drag & drop files on to a web page to generate Adhoc Views directly from the file.

The main benefit of JasperReports is very good reporting compared with other tools. Jaspersoft Studio is a very good reporting tool. Another benefit of JasperReports is that's it's open source - it's possible to customize it to suit each user's needs. With proprietary product, you have to take what they offer you.

hozawa's picture

got it.

bill.talley - 1 month 3 weeks ago

Pages

An Ad Hoc view presents data for JRS Ad Hoc Editor to explore and analyze from your Topic, Domain, or OLAP data source. It can only be accessed through JRS interactive designer web UI. Ad Hoc views can also be used to create content for reports. When creating a report from an Ad Hoc view, the report is considered “dependent” on that view. Ad Hoc view report contains static template content derived from Ad Hoc view when it is created. This report can be run in foreground and back ground standalone outside Ad Hoc Editor.

One thing to keep in mind is that when modifying and saving an Ad Hoc view, its dependent reports are not updated. For example, if you open an Ad Hoc view in the Editor and add a column to it, that column will not show up in previous reports created from that view. In such a case, you may want to save the updated view with a different filename to avoid confusion.

If your user needs to explore and analyze data BEFORE creating a final report, then use JRS Ad Hoc Editor to create a view and its report. If they just want to create a report without analyzing the data first, then they could use Jasper Studio (or iReport) design tool to create the report and have it deployed to the server.

tchen's picture

thank you. it took a little while to sink in that ad view IS a sort of report by itself.

bill.talley - 1 month 3 weeks ago

Pages

Pages

WEB-INF/classes/relativedate.properties

I changed the week.start.date=2 to 1 but when i run a ad hoc with relative date filter WEEK and then  WEEK+1 i get Novemver 23 2014 on both views.

tim_16's picture

Answers:

Which version of JasperReports Server are you using? There was a bug in the earlier releases with dates and I think there was some remaining in the current release as well. Check Tracker to find any reported bug on using dates in adhoc to see if it's already been reported.

hozawa's picture

Here is the way one of my coworkers put it: "Jasper’s implementation of relative dates works by returning a date range object to the report, rather than a specific date. The object can then be queried programmatically for a start date and end date. It seems the JasperReports engine already does this by assuming the first date in a “between” filter would correspond to the start date and the second date would correspond to the end date.  For example, if you created a parameter called DateRange and set it to be a relative date type and set the value to “MONTH-1” the code will create an object that has a start date of the first day of last month (at 00:00:00.000) and an end date of the last day of the month (at 23:59:59.999). A developer could then call DateRange.getStart() or DateRange.getEnd() each of which returns a java.util.Date."

Hugo Mendoza's picture

Pages

How to and components and features to Adhoc views

How can I develop and add my own components and features to Adhoc views? It's very easy to customize JasperReports and Jaspersoft Studio but there doesn't seem to be too much information on customizing Adhoc views.

For example, Highcharts have many charts and customization features but there's only few charts and features are very limited. I want to add them.

Another example is, JasperReports and Jaspersoft Studio has very rich set of features. Unfortunately, JasperReports Server in general and much more less in Adhoc Reports supports these features.

hozawa's picture

Answers:

No answers yet

Pages

Dependencies between resources on JasperReports Server

Just contributed Adhoc Views to show dependencies between resources on JasperReports Server.

http://community.jaspersoft.com/jasperreports-server/issues/3952#comment...

Cheers.

hozawa's picture

Answers:

No answers yet

Pages

Pages

Feedback