Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Eclipse plugin slow with loading jrxml design view

zbynek.sykora

Hi,

I am using Jaspersoft report designer for JasperReport eclipse plugin 6.2.1 in Eclipse Mars 2. As a Datasource I am using my java classes (so no real DB connection) and style templates in the desing of jrxml. After choosing some jrxml file in eclipse package explorer it takes aprox. 40 seconds to show the design form with my report. The creating of an PDF report from this template in my application takes 1-2 seconds (it generates only one page).

Is it possible to speed up this design loading in eclipse? How can I analyse the plugin (see what is running, enable some log informations)?

thanks

Zbynek

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It's friggin' annoying. As soon as a style template is referenced  the performance goes down the drain. Whener I try to modify a text field, add a parameter or save the report Eclipse just stops responding for 40 seconds. My CPU goes up to 30% and stays the whole tim euntil Eclipse becomes responsive again when it suddenly drops back to 0%.

I am about to report a bug. And I am surprised that not more people are running into this issue...?