We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

PDF render.r.js timing out

kiet.h.lieng

Hi there I have a bug on our servers with jaspersoft.  I get this error when I try to run jaspersoft to output pdf reports 20 times at once (this is not unusual for us to have 1000s of request to generate reports a day).

--------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><errorDescriptor><errorCode>export.execution.rejected</errorCode><message>org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException: Error: Load timeout for modules: highcharts-exporting,highcharts-more

http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeout (com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.render.r.js#380)</message></errorDescriptor>

--------------------------------------

We have seen a number of these but with different timeouts on highchart references.  What we did to get around the other obstacle was to replace the libraries end points with ones hosted on our server and modify the properties accordingly.

I'm wondering how I can change the render.r.js links to do the same:

The files that we've been modifying does not seem to work but it seems to be a step in the right path:  

1. we extracted highchart.jar and modify the component_beans.xml to point to our cdn

2. compress back into jar form

2. restart apache-tomcat

Sadly this does not seem to fix the issue and I'm still getting the errors above.  Was wondering if anybody has any insight on what component_beans.xml is and how it operates.  Currently I can't say with any certainty what I did is effective or even correct but I had to try.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am experienceing a timeout while rendering highcharts as well. I am considering switching to phantomjs for rendering, but I would like a little more insight into this error before making the jump. At this point I am not even sure moving to phantom would fix the issue. I would really appreciate hearing if you found  a way to solve this error.

The officila word is highcharts does not render well on PDF.  We ended up reverting to our other chart library and waiting for them to resolve it.

So hold tight is the official answer. 

FWIW we are running on versiond 6.0.  It might be fixed on 6.1 but we have not tried it just yet.