We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Creating Dynamic Report with conditional output?

gageller12

Hi all,

I have been tasked to create a multipage report that contains a page for each employee containing their sales for the week. The report will consist of three sections.

• Header consisting of  three tables. One table can be optional depending on which company is generating the report.
  • The body will consist of one or more tables.The number of rows in these tables will be different depending on the data returned.
  • Footer will consist of two tables. ne of the tables will be shown only if there is data to populate it.

I do not have a datasource tied directly to the report. I populate multiple Map objects with the data returned from two sql queries. The main map is keyed by employee id and has a HashMap containing the employee's data. I need to iterate through the main Map and create a page for each employee. I have made xml template files to represent format of each section of the report page. There will be additional template files if a particular company wants a different look and feel to the sections.

I am on a very tight schedule so I have been looking at alternatives to create the report with out having to do a lot of programming. Is it possible to create this type of report using JasperReports?

Thank you in advance.

Greg

Below is what the output will look like for each individual page.

2015-09-05_10-38-04.png.b972e0c7a7a2b98d2abea2fc61c3a4d9.png 

2015-09-05_10-38-04(1).png.31f02da0d580edaf1648482be68c4e27.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images