Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

JasperServer Doesn't Display Field Values in Input Control

mwolven

I have created a report in JasperStudio 5.6. Created a parameter in the report. Uploaded the report to JasperServer. Created the Input Control (using the wizard) on JasperServer using the select with query option,

When I execute the report, the Input Control prompt appears, but the text doesn't show. It has the correct number of values, and when I select "OK" it populates the report using the parameter that I chose. I don;t know exactly what I chose, but I can choose different parts of the Input Cntrol box and the report displats different results.

Anyone ever seen this before? Have any ideas as to how to solve this?Jasper_Input_ValuesNotShown.jpg.615cb4cfbc256ab548f0631a7544a462.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK< I don't know how many times I went through that wizard and typed a field name there - and never saw the "Add" button. It works now. Works great for a singe value query,

Phase 2: Convert to a Multi-Select Query.

I've changed the input control to be a multi select query. 

What do I need to change on the JasperStudio source code and design? 

For a Single Select Query, the data is successfully generated from:

select * from VW_STUFF WHERE VW_STUFF.PLACE = $P{PLACE}

For the Multi-Select, I started with:
select * from VW_STUFF WHERE VW_STUFF.PLACE IN $P{PLACE}
I tried changing the parameter's class from java.lang.String to java.Util.List to java.Util.Collection. None of them generated a report in JasperServer.
Then I saw the $X{} reference, and tried:
select * from VW_STUFF WHERE $X{IN, VW_STUFF.PLACE, $P{PLACE}}
And cycling through java.lang.String to java.Util.List to java.Util.Collection, None of them generated a report in JasperServer.

What's the trick to making the Multi-Select work? And having those selected values display in the report.

Shouldn't an Invalid Character Error tell you the character or its location?

Error Message

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00911: invalid character

Error Trace

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00911: invalid character at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:440) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:837) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:445) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:523) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.doOall8(T4CPreparedStatement.java:207) at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CPreparedStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CPreparedStatement.java:863) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1153) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1275) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3576) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3620) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1491) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:92) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:233) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:1114) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:691) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:1314) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:931) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseFillHandle$ReportFiller.run(BaseFillHandle.java:120) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl$SynchronousExecutor.execute(EngineServiceImpl.java:886) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseFillHandle.startFill(BaseFillHandle.java:165) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl$AsynchronousReportFiller.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:842) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:1731) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl$ReportFill.runWithDataSource(EngineServiceImpl.java:1086) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl$ReportFill.runReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:1015) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl$ReportRunnable.run(EngineServiceImpl.java:908) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)