Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Error Connecting to MS SQL DB from Jaspersoft Studio

msaiz

I am New to JS Studio and attempting to connect to MS SQL DB from Jaspersoft Studio.

JSSTudioSQL.jpg.fe91c9796536697d554888a0a42b7028.jpg

But I get the followign error:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'SJMsaizm01'. ClientConnectionId:ee7f330c-a14a-46db-a1c8-ee0b2ad9ccaf
at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:130)
at net.sf.jasperreports.data.AbstractDataAdapterService.test(AbstractDataAdapterService.java:128)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.wizard.AbstractDataAdapterWizard$3.runOperations(AbstractDataAdapterWizard.java:162)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.utils.jobs.CheckedRunnableWithProgress$1.run(CheckedRunnableWithProgress.java:59)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'SJMsaizm01'. ClientConnectionId:ee7f330c-a14a-46db-a1c8-ee0b2ad9ccaf
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:216)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:254)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:84)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:2908)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:2234)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$000(SQLServerConnection.java:41)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:2220)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1715)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1326)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:991)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:827)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)
at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.getConnection(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:168)
at net.sf.jasperreports.data.jdbc.JdbcDataAdapterService.contributeParameters(JdbcDataAdapterService.java:128)
... 4 more

Our DBA's tell me that we use “Windows authentication”,  but that option is not available.

How do I resolve this?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hozawa probably knows more about this, but try integratedSecurity=SSPI

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlconnection.connectionstring%28VS.71%29.aspx

When false, User ID and Password are specified in the connection. When true, the current Windows account credentials are used for authentication. Recognized values are true, false, yes, no, and sspi (strongly recommended), which is equivalent to true.

Also, this is for .NET Framework 1.1, other versions may differ in behavior.

REF: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1229691/difference-between-integrated-security-true-and-integrated-security-sspi

I have a wiki page in Japanese on how to setup MS Sql Server 2014 to use with JasperReports Server. I've attached screenshot so you may be able to figure it out from looking at them. I've found the most problem is with SQL Server setup.

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/ms-sql-servernodetaworepotodeshi-itai

Using Dynamic ports:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/dong-de-potowoshi-tutems-sql-servernijie-sok-sitai