Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

How to use a bean datasource ON THE SERVER SIDE

Hello!

I'm a little confused because I don't think that I'm the only one having this problem but I couldn't find any posts related to my problem so here's the question:

I just created a report which is based on a bean datasource (MyBean) with iReports (created and added myBeanPackage.jar to the classpath of iReports --> works fine!). My problem is that I like to deploy the report to the JasperServer but when I try to add a new bean datasource at the server side the associated class cannot be found. How do I deploy/add my myBeanPackage.jar so that it is recognized by the JasperServer?

Thanks in advance

T

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to add support for a data source to the server, you have to create a number of files to interface with your datasource.  There's Java code to talk to your datasource, a Spring bean definition file to register the code, and a message catalog for any strings you want to show to the user (for example, for any properties the user needs to enter).

There are some samples of data sources in the WAR install. You can see the doc here

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-ultimate-guide/v60/custom-data-source-examples-0

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-ultimate-guide/v60/creating-custom-data-source-0

(This is from the 6.0 Ultimate Guide - some of the samples have now been pre-installed in the server & are enabled in a config file, so are no longer available as samples.)

I believe this is well beyond the scope of the REST API.