Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Pre-launch questions, AWS

darth_fader

I have several questions regarding the Amazon Web Services approach to cloud based reporting and analytics:

1) What is involved in migrating existing data to Amazon RDS? We're looking to migrate from a locally hosted Jasper Server installation to the cloud

2) Is the hourly rate based on logged in time or processing time or what?

3) Are there other fees involved in getting the premium html 5 visualizations?

4) Can Jasper iReports Designer AND Jaspersoft Studio connect to this web service in the standard fashion of connecting to an existing server?

5) Are Business Associates Agreements available? We'd be working with HIPPA protected healthcare data

Thanks much, I know it's a lot to answer but I'll need these questions answered before I can move forward.

Nathan M.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to help, Nathan. My responses follow with "AL":

1) What is involved in migrating existing data to Amazon RDS? We're looking to migrate from a locally hosted Jasper Server installation to the cloud

AL: This is an ETL exercise so that may be achieved with Jaspersoft ETL or other data integration approaches. Your concerns will likely be around a) speed and be) security.  Googling gives many options: https://www.google.com/#q=migrating+data+on-premises+to+aws+cloud

2) Is the hourly rate based on logged in time or processing time or what?
AL: The hourly rate is based upon the instance being on. There are a choice of instance sizes that vary in characteristics of memory and cores and are correspondingly priced. You can shut down the instance to stop charges for the instance and software, but you will still be charges for Amazon's EBS service. If you wish not to pay for EBS, simply terminate the server. Instructions are here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/Stop_Start.html?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRous6rLZKXonjHpfsX97uUvXqO2lMI%2F0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4GT8RiI%2BSLDwEYGJlv6SgFTrjNMa5r1bgLUxU%3D

3) Are there other fees involved in getting the premium html 5 visualizations?
AL: No, you may sign up for Free Online Support -- the registration page you see when you launch your instance and that will entitle you to those visualizations.

4) Can Jasper iReports Designer AND Jaspersoft Studio connect to this web service in the standard fashion of connecting to an existing server?
AL: yes, make sure the versions of the client match the version of the Jaspersoft server on AWS. When you register for free online help as described in "3)" you get a free 1 year seat of Jaspersoft Studio Professional.

5) Are Business Associates Agreements available? We'd be working with HIPPA protected healthcare data
AL: no. Reach out to TIBCO sales if you need a specialized agreement.

Feel free to email me at  alampitt DOT tibco POINT com