We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Suggestions for Jaspersoft Studio interface

edilmar

Hi,

I use iReport since first version and I always liked it very much, an easy and clean interface.

Now, I downloaded and started using Jaspersoft Studio but its interface is very confused.

1) iReport uses a, unique place for all properties in a JTable view with two columns: property name + value. Studio has many buttons and other components to represent all the properties, becomes very bad to locate some properties. Is there a way to configure it to use the same JTable view layout? The JTable layout is clean, direct and uses much less space in the interface. Look below two layouts:

JasperIReport-Properties.jpg.664292a9213674ef8792d6601f8ef9c0.jpgJasperStudio-Properties.jpg.2269137e0a5e8132444a81f6b56df8af.jpg

2) I configured a Source directory path for my reports that are in another place, not the default for the project. But Studio shows both .jrxml and .jasper files causing some confusion. I would like to see just the .jrxml files, and I configured "Inclusion and Exclusion Patterns" but it didn't work.

JasperStudio-ListFiles(1).jpg.121b2b70811aa5a73ac531e0c92b5606.jpgJasperStudio-Patterns(1).jpg.626fb1d48f1e786dfe980170e87c91e0.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images