We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Fixed length subreport

norm.pence

I have searched the forum and found several dangling "like" questions (that have no response) so my assumption is reports engine does not support what I am trying to do. I would think this is basic functionality and hope that I am wrong.

I am using iReports 5.6.0 and have dumbed down my report to simplest case. I have a report which I have defined with a height of 100. The report has a single band of type Detail that is height=12, splitType immediate. When running the report, all is well, and I receive output of 8 rows and then roll over to a new page and so on. This is exact output that I am looking for.

I create a main report and add above report as a subreport to my Detail Band and output is one page with 25 rows. I am expecting four pages of 8 rows, 8 rows, 8 rows, 1 row. Main report adds subreport with stretchType of "No stretch" and positionType of "Fix Relative to Top"; I have tried running subreport with property isStrechWithOverflow=false as well as runnning subreport in a frame with no change in output behavior.

My goal is to call a single report and move on and not do math, add idiotic parameters to the report such as custom page number, and make an API call for every page of the report which seems insane. I would also have to worry about multiple workstations printing reports at the same time to a single printer and interleaving reports due to multiple print jobs needed to print just one report.

Any and all help is appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am beginning development on logic to call the report per page, which I find rather disturbing by the way. Again, there are several dangling "like" questions in this forum with no definitive solutions to what seems like basic reports functionality. Maybe this is why product is referred to as Jasper Reports and not Jasper Packing Slip as product cannot create a simple packing slip?

If anyone has any ideas I will give it a try. My same issue with pretty pictures can be seen here at https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/817231/subreport-wont-stay-inside-frame

I dumbed down my original question but Packing Slip in link looks quite close to what I am trying to accomplish, with only a single report, and not calling a report for every page of the Packing Slip.